We have purchased the building kit for our new Training Annex at the Red Cloud Renewable Energy Center (RCREC), and we need your help to put it together! Made possible by our very generous donors, the new Training Annex will provide us with a dedicated training facility, allowing the existing building at the RCREC to become a year-round solar air heater manufacturing facility.
Can you join us November 4-7? Save your spot soon; we only have 12 available.
What: Training Annex Construction
Where: Red Cloud Renewable Energy Center, Pine Ridge, South Dakota
Arrive: Friday evening/ afternoon, November 4
Work: Saturday-Sunday, November 5-6
Depart: Monday, November 7
Why: Take this opportunity to visit the Pine Ridge Reservation and play a critical role in our expanding training program.
Keep in mind that South Dakota weather is unpredictable in November. This trip is for volunteers who enjoy a little adventure!
- Volunteers are invited to sleep in the existing co-ed dormitories at the RCREC. There is one semi-reliable indoor plumbing facility, but you should plan on some rustic conditions.
- Volunteers are also welcome to bring camping equipment and camp on the RCREC campus, but be prepared for potentially COLD weather!
- You will be responsible for your own transport to/ from the RCREC.
- For those of you traveling from Fort Collins, CO on Friday and returning on Monday, I will be happy to facilitate carpools.
- Henry does live down a dirt road. Many sedans have traveled it.
- TWP will provide food for the trip, and volunteers will cook as a group for each meal. The food we provide will be all be vegan (no animal products of any kind). Plan accordingly if you require any other diet.
Our volunteer capacity is limited to 12 people. Please email me as soon as possible to reserve your spot, and be sure to keep me updated if your availability changes so that other people can have the opportunity to volunteer.
To Reserve Your Spot:
Please email Lacey Gaechter (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
- Let me know when you plan to arrive/ depart
- Where you’ll be coming from
- If you’d like a ride or to offer a ride from Fort Collins
- Will you sleep in our dormitory or bring your own camping equipment?
- Any other questions that you have?
We hope you can make it!