Did you know the average American is responsible for generating 20 tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) each year?
Our annual carbon footprint is a tally of the total number of tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) our fossil fuel burning activities release into the atmosphere throughout the year. And, we each have one! Heating our homes with coal-fired power plants and driving petroleum-fueled vehicles all contribute to global climate change. However, we can reduce our carbon footprint by offsetting our home and business carbon emissions with investments in projects that remove CO2 from the atmosphere or prevent it from getting there in the first place.
Trees, Water & People’s (TWP) community-based sustainable development projects focus on protecting and expanding forests in Central America and Haiti where deforestation is running rampant. Using forest-saving stoves, which prevent the release of 1.5 tons of CO2 per stove per year, and tree planting, TWP has the ability to offset your personal and business carbon footprints. By supporting TWP’s stove building and reforestation projects, you can offset all or part of your yearly output of CO2.
Why offset with Trees, Water & People?
- Since 1998, TWP has implemented programs that help to fight global climate change. With your offset purchase, you will help save forests in Central America and improve the health of families who traditionally cook over open fires.
- Our pricing is affordable, at only $10 per metric ton of CO2.
- We will help you calculate your emissions for just one category or for all aspects of your life, helping you to become totally carbon neutral.
- Your donation is tax-deductible.
- Offsets are a great gift for clients, friends, family, and yourself.