TWP’s Deputy International Director, Sebastian Africano, and International Program Consultant, Claudia Menendez, recently returned from a five week trip to Central America and Haiti. The trip gave Sebastian and Claudia a chance to visit our development projects as well as connect with our partner organizations on the ground. Highlights from each country include:
- Our partner organization, AHDESA, in Honduras has built 3,419 fuel-efficient stoves in the first quarter of 2010!
- TWP’s tree nursery in Tiquisate, Guatemala will produce 30,000 trees this year, providing shade and nourishment to families!
- With funds from the Rio Tinto Prize, TWP and PROLEÑA will be developing a Forestry Training & Research Center for biomass energy in La Paz Centro, Nicaragua.
- This year, our partner organization in El Salvador, Arboles y Agua para el Pueblo (AAP), will include soil conservation training for farmers, as well as reforestation activities and building 350 new Justa stoves.
- With partner organization StoveTec, TWP has distributed 432 Rocket stoves to Internally Displaced People in Haiti and will be providing 1,344 more stoves in the next six months.