The Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team (AMURT), our partners on the ground in Haiti, will use earthquake relief funds raised by us in January to finance psycho-social and environmental education programs. These programs will include:
- Psycho-social support for 2,000 children in the camps of SINEAS, Biwo de Min, Petionville Club, and Delmas 31, including the salary for a psychologist
- Environmental education programming with a psycho-social context for these children and salaries for 2 agronomist technicians
- Materials and tools for the 2 technicians, including composting, tools, construction materials, and fabric
- Teaching tools, furniture, etc. to support both programs, including white boards, chairs, tables, etc.
- Transportation and per diem expenses (truck use, gasoline, repairs, etc.)
Thanks to the generosity and support of our many friends who donated to our Haiti Earthquake Emergency Relief Fund in January, we were able to raise $28,000 in three weeks and send 100% of the funds to AMURT. These funds will help thousands of children during this challenging time. We also thank AMURT for their hard work and dedication to the Haitian people.